- Watercolor Paper
- Watercolor Paint
- Oil Pastels/ Crayons
- Glue/ Glusticks
- Corrugated Cardboard (Or other texture plates)
1. Using corrugated cardboard, make a texture rubbing on a sheet of paper. We used 9" x 12", 3 sheets each.
2. Paint a watercolor wash all over sheet of paper. You can use the same color as the crayon or a different color.
3. Paint a larger background sheet all blue. This will be used as the sky. (Steps 1-3 take up about one day.)
4. On the next day, discuss what shapes make up buildings and skyscrapers. Cut out shapes and assemble to make cityscape. Glue on background.
5. Draw in windows.