- Ceramic Tools
- Black Tempera Paint Mixed with Water
- Metallic Tempera Paint
1. Demonstrate and draw a castle. I limited the students to a piece of paper about 6" x 9". Cut out castle. For this project, you actually want to avoid too many details, at least for the sketch.
2. Roll out a slab of clay and use the castle cut out as a tracer. Cut out with a cutting tool.
3. Build details up. Emphasize texture.
5. Paint entire castle with watered down black tempera paint.
6. Use fingers, or paintbrushes, to add metallic paint. I liked the look of having some of the black peek through, giving it an antique look.