- 12" x 18" Paper
- Oil Pastels
- Watercolor Paint
- 1/2" Construction Paper Strips
1. Demonstrate how to draw cactus using humps. Each child can make as many arms as they want and as many humps. I would advise not making too many or making them too small.
2. Add in a pattern in each hump using oil pastel. Outline shape of cactus, too.
3. Paint inside cactus.
4. Demonstrate how to cut opposing diagonals with strips to make triangles.
5. Add "a little dab'll do ya" dots of glue around cactus.
6. Add triangle thorns.