- Bubble Wrap
- White Tempera Paint
- Construction Paper
1. Take bubble wrap and fold vertically, bubble side in. My sheets were about 12" x 16".
2. I made a template of half of a snowman for students to trace. Because the bubble wrap is clear, the students placed the bubble wrap right on top of tracer. Make sure to emphasize beginning tracing at the fold, so when the bubble wrap is opened, the students don't have two half pieces.
3. Cut and unfold. Paint bubble side white.
4. Press onto construction paper.
5. Lift a little to make sure print is coming through.
6. Peel all off when print looks good.
7. Personalize your snowman! I used construction paper to cut out accessories... and happy popping! It's hard to resist. :-)
* Could probably wash bubble wrap and reuse if you wanted.
** Would also work by cutting three circles rather than using a tracer.
*** A nice alternate project would be to paint an entire sheet of bubble wrap, either abstract or a scene and print. Might make an interesting pointilist piece.