Thursday, April 28, 2011

Slump Bowls

Materials:
- Clay
- Glaze
- Rolling Pins
- Clay Tools
- Bowl (one for each child)

These are some more pictures I dug up from my pre-blogging days, so I don't have step-by-step photographs. Basically, each student cut a circle from a tracer onto a slab of clay. The students changed the shape if they wished, as long as they stayed in a general large round shape and added details.



Last, we flipped a bowl over and draped their clay over them, design side down, so that they took the slump form. You have to be watchful over them to make sure they do not shrink too fast and crack when drying. 



Glaze when done. I wish I had more pictures to share because this was such an easy project and they all turned out great!

1 comment:

  1. These are great. You make it sound easy! I am in my first year of art teaching Yr 1 - 5 so am looking for projects to do - clay is still a fairly new experience for the kids at my school so it will be an interesting thing for them.

    ReplyDelete