- Rolling Pins
- Clay Tools
- Plastic Spoons
- Circle Tracers
I prepped all the bowls to have a dab of vaseline on the bottom.
1. With a spoon, spread the vaseline around the bowl. This will help as a release so that the clay does not stick to the bowl.
2. Wedge clay and form into a ball.
3. Roll out clay.
4. Using a circle tracer similar to the size of the bottom of the bowl, cut out a circle.
5. Write your initials or name onto the circle, turn upside down, and place on the bottom of the bowl. From there, you add coils, beads, or spirals.
6. Rub the inside of the bowl so that it is smoothed out and the coils, beads, and spirals stick together.
7. Let them stiffen up a little bit. The bowl should peel right off.
8. Fire and glaze! : )