- Construction Paper
1. Each student needs one piece of 9" x 12" construction paper in one color, and two pieces of 9" x 12" construction paper in another color. They should have three pieces all together.
2. With your paper laying horizontally, demonstrate how to make 1" vertical lines. Do these to all three papers.
|These happen to be rotated in comparison to what I just said.... but you get it. : )|
4. Starting in the first inch section of the other colored construction paper, glue a strip down. Do this in every other section. You should have only used 6 strips and should have alternating colors.
Do this to your last piece of construction paper. The result is two pieces of striped paper.
5. On the back of one, draw a simple contour line design. Small details will be hard to cut out.
6. Cut out and glue on the front of the other piece of construction paper. Lay them so the stripes are on top of the opposite color.