Friday, April 27, 2012

Bird Cage Sculptures

Materials:
- Tagboard
- Colored Pencils
- Yarn
- Hole Puncher
- Metal Fastener
- Glue / Gluestick
- Scissors
- Bird Tracers (optional)

My sister sent me this link over last summer and I bookmarked it as a project to try. It was a good project to do with the timing between my classes missing art due to testing.

1. Using bird tracers as a starting off point, students designed their own bird onto tagboard.

2. Cut out and design the other side so that they are the same on both sides.

3. Put to the side. I have a whole packet of different printed paper that we used for the cage bottoms. Glue to a strip of tagboard.


4. Glue shut so that it makes a ring.

5. I helped space out the cage "arches" but we basically eye-balled it.

6. Punch a hole on the top where they intersect.

7. Punch a hole in the top of the bird.

8. String so bird is attached through hole in cage.

9. Secure with a metal fastener.

My directions are a little different than the link shown above, but I didn't have all those plastic lids for my students.

 

 

 

 

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. This cage structure is a cool idea for hanging any number mobile objects!!thanks:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this idea ! Greetings from France and sorry for my english !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The issue you've featured above is most likely valueable for anybody to exercise.
    cageheaven.com

    ReplyDelete