- Construction Paper
- Circle Tracers (optional)
- Smart Fab
I was contacted to try out this new product called Smart Fab. It's kind of a cross between fabric and paper- it's awesome! Some of their features include durability, versatility, and ease of use. What I made with Smart Fab is literally just the tip of the iceberg of what you can do with it.
1. Draw or trace a square to the lower center of your paper.
2. Draw a horizontal line across the center of the square.
3. Now draw two more horizontal lines going through the top and bottom half. You should end up with four rectangles.
I precut the Smart Fab strips. They were so easy to cut!- just like when you get one of those good rolls of wrapping paper and you just slide your scissors across ... sigh... it takes a special breed to appreciate a good cut. You know what this stuff actually reminds me of? That top layer of a box spring, it's got the same kind of feeling and texture.
4. Each student received a strip of each color. I taught them how to hold all three together so that they can cut through all of them at the same time. Cut into small square pieces.
5. Trace the bottom line inside your square with glue.
7. Repeat all the way up the square so that you have a nice textured belly.
8. I had circle tracers for the eyes, the pupils were all up to the students.
9. The beak was also made by the students by folding a piece of paper, drawing a 'V' on the fold, and cutting while folded.
10. Last, the wings was a large circle tracer, divided in half.
Now for the giveaway! One lucky reader will win some Smart Fab for their room!! All you have to do is 1. Leave a comment below with what you think you would do with Smart Fab and 2. Update us in the blogging world with what you came up with! Like I said, what I did does not even do Smart Fab justice.
For some ideas you can definitely check out the Smart Fab website, their Pinterest page, or follow them on Facebook!
The contest will end next week, October 23rd, and a winner will be chosen at random. Good Luck!!