- Construction Paper
- Exacto Knives
- Self-Healing Mats
- Leaf Tracers
I premade some leaf tracers and cut them in half.
2. Students took two pieces of 6" x 6" construction paper (fall colors) and glued them together. They had to take two colors that were not the same color as their background paper.
3. Fold in half.
4. On the fold, place the straight edge of the leaf tracer and trace.
5. Cut while folded so that when you open it up you have a full sized leaf.
6. This is the part where some students forgot: KEEP THE LEAF FOLDED and draw in a simple design for a vein.
7. But now you have to OPEN IT UP, and cut along the pencil line. You should only be cutting on one half of the leaf so when you fold it over, you have have a two-colored leaf.
8. Fold over the veins and glue down.
9. Glue leaves onto larger paper.