- Construction Paper Strips (about 1" x 6")
- Scrap Construction Paper
- Black 12" x 18" Construction Paper
Happy Chinese New Year!
Reading My First Chinese New Year and watching a movie about Nian, a Chinese Dragon, we discussed similarities and differences between a traditional American and traditional Chinese New Year. In honor of the upcoming Chinese New Year, we made some cool, symmetrical, textured, dragons!
1. Draw a wide 'S curve' on your paper.
2. Outline with glue.
3. Lay yarn over glue. This will be the spine or body.
4. Fold construction paper strip in half and cut out interesting shape.
5. Cut along the fold so you have two equal pieces.
6. Lay equal pieces one on each side of the yarn. These can overlap if need be.