- Styrofoam cup
- Tempera Paint
- Construction Paper
- Masking Tape
- Wiggly Eyes
1. Cut out wing shapes and tape onto styrofoam cup.
2. Paint or sponge paint all over cup and wings. I used brown, yellow, peach and white. I also adapted some paintbrushes for my life skills class.
3. Cut out eyes. I showed students how to make two large circles touching each other. Glue wiggly eyes if desired.
4. Fold paper in half and cut out triangle to make diamond beak. Make feet also.
5. Assemble. I also printed out some wisdom quotes to tuck under the owl's wing, glue on the front, or attach to a stick to make a sign.
Feel free to poke holes to make a pen or pencil holder :-).